Monday, December 2, 2013

Antagonist Speak.. Georgia vs. Her SELF


Antagonists Speak... if you listen that is.
An exercise.

Meet Georgia.

"I love ballet. I love cowboys. I love gladiators.  And I love astronauts and I love everything. Why do I have to choose a career anyway?
I drew a picture of me in a space shuttle wearing my cowboy hat and pink tutu. Ms. Vega told me I didn’t follow directions.  But in my own way, I did. I drew myself wearing and being all the things I want to be. 
I can’t to do my homework and I ‘m not good at deciding.  Ms. Vega didn’t like my ideas. So now everyone in class is probably just going to laugh at me and Ms. Vega will say I didn’t do it right anyway.
I know. I’m going to be sick tomorrow. I ‘m going to tell Mom that my tummy hurts and that I can’t go to school cause I will have a fever. 
Mommy will say, yes and let me stay home. She will make me grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup and rub my head and Ms. Vega will be sorry. She’ll be sad that I am sick and wonder if it’s all her fault."
- Georgia, age 7

3 comments:

  1. Awww yes, I was just like Georgia! Actually I still am! I used to interpret directions differently...I would have done exactly what she did. And I remember faking sick a lot to get out of class when things were challenging for me. I enjoyed reading this and remember those feelings. A trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO very glad to hear you connected to the excerpt! makes my heart swell :)

    ReplyDelete