Saturday, November 19, 2011

Going Nowhere? Just Imagine.

The universe conspires.  I've been contemplating. Over contemplating, in fact, the concept of a picture book that has been brewing in my heart ever since I was a kid. It involves shoes, and big shoes, to say the least.  

Moreover, the heart of this story is something of far greater importance and it was just this morning that I was gifted with a reminder. Today on Facebook Pam Allyn, founder of Lit World posted a photo and critical question. She asked, “ What must we do to protect the imaginative life of every child?”



Her answer, “Everything.”
Thank you, Pam.  I needed that and the character of my story needed me to hear that.
My question today?
What will you do to protect your imaginative life?
The answer I hope you’ll say?...

Everything!"




I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them. ~Pablo Picasso
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan

No comments:

Post a Comment